Getting error while creating a new build

I’m trying to run a build for a new React Native project through eas but getting the following errors:

[stderr] FAILURE: Build completed with 2 failures.
53[stderr] 1: Task failed with an exception.
54[stderr] -----------
55[stderr] * Where:
56[stderr] Build file '/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo/android/build.gradle' line: 9
57[stderr] * What went wrong:
58[stderr] A problem occurred evaluating project ':expo'.
59[stderr] > Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object
60[stderr] * Try:
61[stderr] > Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
62[stderr] > Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
63[stderr] > Run with --scan to get full insights.
64[stderr] ==============================================================================
65[stderr] 2: Task failed with an exception.
66[stderr] -----------
67[stderr] * Where:
68[stderr] Build file '/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo/android/build.gradle' line: 78
69[stderr] * What went wrong:
70[stderr] A problem occurred configuring project ':expo'.
71[stderr] > Could not get unknown property 'release' for SoftwareComponentInternal set of type org.gradle.api.internal.component.DefaultSoftwareComponentContainer.
72[stderr] * Try:
73[stderr] > Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
74[stderr] > Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
75[stderr] > Run with --scan to get full insights.
76[stderr] ==============================================================================
77[stderr] * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
78[stderr] BUILD FAILED in 2m 9s

eas-cli version: eas-cli@0.53.0

I have a monorepo with the app present in packages/app

Please let me know if I need to change anythinh

I have the exact same issue :confused:

Did you manage to fix it? :eyes:

run expo-cli doctor and you will almost certainly see some warnings. follow up on those to resolve the issue

Unfortunately, running expo-cli doctor didn’t help, since I got: 🎉 Didn't find any issues with the project!

Hi @bouga

You also have the app in a monorepo? Have you set it up according to the monorepo docs?

If that doesn’t help, can you try creating a new app (not in a monorepo, to simply things a bit) and install your dependencies and try building it?
If that fails the same way, try figuring out which dependency/ies is/are causing the issue. Maybe post your dependencies and devDependencies here if you can reproduce the problem in a new app, but can’t track down the problematic dependencies.

1 Like