Genymotion: Couldn't start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Error: Activity not started,

upon clicking Restart on expo XDE with clear cache.

ReInstalled the expo xde , throws following error.

Also I wanna know how to reload on the android simulator ?
command+R or Ctrl+R doesnt seem to work.

3 ) I never used android, Which android simulator should i use ?

hey! have you followed the genymotion set up guide?

I would do every step on the guide, and make sure that you are using a simulator with android 5.0+ installed (adb reverse doesn’t work below 5.0, which looks like you’re getting an error for). For the specific device, expo docs recommend nexus 5, so I’m using a nexus 5 with android 6.0 on it.

to reload on genymotion: press f1 and some options will pop up, click reload

adb version

sorry I meant the android version on your simulator. you can check by opening genymotion and looking at what android is on the simulator you have open

@samee Im sorrry how to do it " looking at what android is on the simulator you have open" ?

In genymotion I have 1 device installed, and it has android 6.0.0, which you can see by looking at the description. I start this device before trying to open an expo app with XDE. I would go to this screen on genymotion and make sure your device is android 5.0.0+ and then try with that (after completing the steps in the genymotion guide)

I chose an AVD with android > 5+. It worked

1 Like

so in order to run an android simulator through XDE you would first need to start the simulator in genymotion?

Am also facing the same issue.
Couldn’t start project on Android: Error running adb: Error running app. Error: Activity not started, unable to resolve Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=exp://127.0.0.1:19000 flg=0x10000000 }
Really need your help