Failing CircleCI step : "Run danger"

Hi.

I’ve created a pullrequest which was failed by Circle CI.

The error is

#!/run/current-system/sw/bin/bash -leo pipefail
yarn danger ci
direnv: loading ../.envrc

direnv: export +ANDROID_HOME +EXPO_ROOT_DIR ~NIX_PATH ~PATH

yarn run v1.19.1

$ /root/expo/docs/node_modules/.bin/danger ci

The DANGER_GITHUB_API_TOKEN/DANGER_BITBUCKETSERVER_HOST/DANGER_GITLAB_API_TOKEN environmental variable is missing

Without an api token, danger will be unable to comment on a PR

Error:  Error: Cannot use authenticated API requests.

at Object.getPlatformForEnv (/root/expo/docs/node_modules/danger/distribution/platforms/platform.js:76:11)

at Object.<anonymous> (/root/expo/docs/node_modules/danger/distribution/commands/ci/runner.js:81:57)

at step (/root/expo/docs/node_modules/danger/distribution/commands/ci/runner.js:32:23)

at Object.next (/root/expo/docs/node_modules/danger/distribution/commands/ci/runner.js:13:53)

at fulfilled (/root/expo/docs/node_modules/danger/distribution/commands/ci/runner.js:4:58)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:834:11)

at startup (internal/bootstrap/node.js:283:19)

at bootstrapNodeJSCore (internal/bootstrap/node.js:623:3)

error Command failed with exit code 1.

info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

Exited with code exit status 1
CircleCI received exit code 1

I’m at a loss about what I should/can do to pass the failing step.

hi there, don’t worry about this for now. we need to switch over to github actions to support running this ci hook on pr’s from people outside of the expo org, see [docs] Try moving Danger to Github Action by brentvatne · Pull Request #6963 · expo/expo · GitHub

Cool!

Thank you.

I’ve committed the sin of making a pull-request with out any prior discussion :slight_smile:

Do you have any suggestion where I could (should?) describe the PR?

1 Like

that’s fine! as long as you describe it in the pull request that’s OK. it’s only necessary to discuss prior if it’s a large change, and that’s mainly to make it so the person working on the PR doesn’t spend a lot of time doing something that might not be used

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.