Failed with status code 500

Hi, folks.

Im facing the following problem.
Anyone can help me?

[17:56:36] No currently active or previous builds for this project.
[17:56:37] Request failed with status code 500
[17:56:37] Error: Request failed with status code 500
at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:236:11)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:193:15)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1129:12)
at process.internalTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:72:19)

Hey! I’d love to help, but it’s tough to without more info…

What command had you run? Can you run expo diagnostics and paste the output here?

Hi @charliecruzan

Same error with expo buil:ios -c

expo build:ios -c
Checking if there is a build in progress...

Request failed with status code 500
Error: Request failed with status code 500
    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:205:15)
    at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:471:20)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1154:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:9)

Pieros-Mac-mini:TennisLeQuerce piero$ expo diagnostics

Expo CLI 3.0.4 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 12.4.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.17.3 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/npm
      Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: 3.3 AI-182.5107.16.33.5314842
      Xcode: 10.3/10G8 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^33.0.0 => 33.0.7 
      react: 16.8.3 => 16.8.3 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-33.0.0.tar.gz => 0.59.8 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.0.4

I have an identical experience as @ingegnosi. The build fails with a 500 error immediately after Checking if there is a build in progress... with no leads to track down.

We’re getting the exact same issue. Ours seems related to uploading the signing credentials for iOS (the p12, p8 and provisioning profile files). When we build:ios with an older (already set up) project, the build is fine, but our new project can’t get past uploading the files mentioned above.

Removing the -c option on expo build:ios the build start but i get a certificate error:

βœ– Failed to generate Apple Provisioning Profile
Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"

I need to delete the distribution certificate from Expo so i need the -c option to work making a expo build:ios --clear-dist-cert i obtain same error of -c option:

expo build:ios --clear-dist-cert

at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)

Hi @charliecruzan

MacBook-Air-de-Alex:react-new-app alexmoret$ expo diagnostics

Expo CLI 3.0.4 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.16.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
npm: 6.10.2 - /usr/local/bin/npm
IDEs:
Xcode: 10.2.1/10E1001 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: 32.0.6 => 32.0.6
react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.0.4

Is this only happening on expo-cli v3.0.4? Can someone try downgrading to a v2.21.2 and seeing if the same error pops?

I tried to downgrade but the problem persist:

expo build:ios -c
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚                                                             β”‚
β”‚   There is a new version of expo-cli available (3.0.4).     β”‚
β”‚   You are currently using expo-cli 2.21.2                   β”‚
β”‚   Run `npm install -g expo-cli` to get the latest version   β”‚
β”‚                                                             β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/@expo/xdl/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:236:11)

It seems that i can’t remove a Distribution Certificate from Expo server. The project i’m tryng to build is not a new one i’ve made an upgrade of sdk so i want to update the ipa on App Store. The Distribution Certificate of the first build has been deleted from Apple Developer Console

Hi @ingegnosi

I have the exactly same problem, but im trying to generate a new app.

1 Like

Same here, guess there is nothing else to do but wait.

Hi @reservamos
Are u form Brazil?

No, we are not from Brazil, cheers @labmoonwalk from MΓ©xico.

Nice! Can we talk on WhatsApp? add me +5521981286182

Hey guys, we’re looking into this right now. Looks like we’ve found the root cause. I’ll post again here once we have a fix landed in production!

Thank you very much @charliecruzan for your precious support

Fix has been deployed! You should be able to build successfully now

Hi @charliecruzan
I still have the same problem.

For me that fix the problem, after uninstall and install of expo-cli the build:ios -c didn’t give that error. Thank you very much @charliecruzan to you and the expo team