Failed to load all assets

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 39.0.4
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): ios

Recently I’ve trying to integrate my expo project into Gitlab CI/CD. The problem that I am facing is that every time I try to run the command expo r -ci --no-dev, I get the following error:

Failed to load all assets.

If I manually reload the simulator app, it ends up reloading and working, but I don’t want any manual interaction with the application. What should I do?

hi! i don’t really understand what you are trying to do here. are you trying to run your project for development from gitlab? or what?

Yes. I have a sequence of commands to be run on my script and one of them is the expo r -ci --no-dev. The command manages to boot up the simulator and start the application but I get the described error. If I manually reload the app it works.

out of curiosity, what is the point of running a development server on ci?

regardless, as long as the ci server has the required tools installed it should just be like any other machine: Installation - Expo Documentation - there’s nothing otherwise unique about a ci environment.

not sure what the “ci” flag you’re passing in is meant to do. i believe this would just pass in “i” to the “-c” flag, which is short for “–clear”. i is a truthy value so it would clear your cache.

Thanks for the reply. So actually I fixed running the development mode, which was not the goal. I updated the command to expo start -i -c --no-dev --minify to run the production mode, run the ios simulator and clear the cache. Unfortunately, I am still facing the same problem described. The problem never happens when running it locally, only when running through GitLab. And the machine which is running the pipeline is mine registered as a runner for testing.

hey there! we looked into this, @esamelson verified that the error you are seeing would occur if unable to load the js bundle. so it seems like there is possibly some bundling error on the first try. i’d encourage you to investigate any of the differences between your local environment and ci, and any steps that are different between running it locally or on ci, to try to see where things go wrong. you can also check your simulator logs for a more verbose error description

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.