Fail to build app variants bundle while following through doc (iOS bare workflow)

Env

Description

I tried to install app variants on same iOS device in my bare project. I follow the instruction for iOS from the document but encounter the build error. I have doubled check did I miss anything.

At first, the build error message shown below

I have ask @Kim at Discord channel. He suggest me to remove - since there might be an issue with the handling of the double quotes around the target name on our end.

After modify, the previous error log disappear. However, different error occur (shown below)

❌  error: Build input file cannot be found: '/Users/expo/workingdir/build/ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-myapp/ExpoModulesProvider.swift' (in target 'myappdev' from project 'myapp')

▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

▸ The following build commands failed:

▸ 	CompileSwiftSources normal arm64 com.apple.xcode.tools.swift.compiler (in target 'myappdev' from project 'myapp')

▸ (1 failure)

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

	CompileSwiftSources normal arm64 com.apple.xcode.tools.swift.compiler (in target 'myappdev' from project 'myapp')

(1 failure)

Exit status: 65

I am out of clue now, any suggestion is greatly appreciated~

@jpan0831 I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

The issue is /Users/expo/workingdir/build/ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-myapp/ExpoModulesProvider.swift does not exist if you followed their instructions and created an abstract_target ‘common’ target in your Podfile.

Once you add a different target in your PodFile using their instructions (with an abstract_target ‘common’) your shared Pods will be in ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-common-myapp and ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-common-myappdev. Unfortunately the old references aren’t removed from the build file ios/myapp.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj. I had to manually edit that file and remove the old references to the Pods-myapp folder. After removing those lines from the Begin PBXBuildFile section and Begin PBXFileReference section and the references to those files lower down in the actually build steps everything started working.