Facebook Login Error in dev on expo 34 "Facebook SDK isn't fully initialize"

Hi,

1. SDK Version: 34.0.3
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. expo-facebook 6.0.0

Every thing was working well for a while, and suddenly, on expo I can’t use facebook login anymore.
My app is working well for few month, didn’t touch any configuration and this message start appening today.
My Expo app is up to date (for expo 36), but my app is still in expo 34.

I got this error on sentry:
“Facebook Login Error: Caught exception: GraphRequest can’t be used when Facebook SDK isn’t fully initialize”

I found that new expo / facebook version need to be initialize with Facebook.initializeAsync, but this function doesn’t exists in expo-facebook 6.0.0, which is the version on expo 34.

I repeat, every thing was working well, and this starting to append from nowhere on expo.
I don’t have the bug on production.
I’m a little bit lost, anyone who can help on this?

Thank you !

3 Likes

Same problem here, heelp

1 Like

Also experiencing the same problem all of a sudden…

2 Likes

Same. I noticed something. If I configure my app to sign in using a different facebook app id, the first signup process works. But if I sign out then it gives me the same f****** message as above …

I have the same problem…

i have the same issue

I have the same issue as well. Has this issue been resolved or do we have to upgrade to expoSDK 36.0.0 which uses Facebook.initializeAsync(‘<APP_ID>’)?

1 Like

for my the solution was you need update all version.

"react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.0.tar.gz",
 "expo-facebook": "~8.0.0",
"expo": "^36.0.0",
 "react": "~16.9.0",

that was the solution find how to call initialize app in the last version

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.