Facebook Ads in a detached app

Can I use the Facebook Ads module in a detached app (harnessing expokit)?

Yes. You can use the Facebook Ads module both in a normal Expo app (without ExpoKit), and also with ExpoKit. All of the normal Expo APIs are still available with ExpoKit.

Thanks @ben. I read this article you wrote here Breaking Change: Facebook App ID required to enable Facebook libraries in Expo SDK | by Ben Roth | Exposition. I run up against this error when trying to use the facebook ads module No Facebook app id is specified. I’m in a detached app - and I did not have a facebookAppId or a facebookDisplayName property in my app.json before detaching. I added those keys after detaching. Could that be part of my problem? Should this still work?

Ok so I added
<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key> <array> <dict> <key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key> <array> <string>fb{your-app-id}</string> </array> </dict> </array> <key>FacebookAppID</key> <string>{your-app-id}</string> <key>FacebookDisplayName</key> <string>{your-app-name}</string>

this to my info.plist. That seems to have taken care of the facebookApId Error. But I still get a vague error when trying to place an interstitial ad to the tune of Server Error.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.