Exponent token not received

Hi I have developed an expo mobile app using the following:

1. SDK Version: 39.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

The app relies on the expo-notifications API for sending push notifications to the relevant devices. The app is using the expo managed flow and everything works fine on the notifications with the exception on dual sim card phones.
By an unknown reason when a dual sim card phone is using the app there isn’t an Exponent token received from the expo-notifications API after executing the Async call which retrieves a token from the api to be used for push notifications later.
Is there any reason why the expo-notifications API is not returning a valid token for dual-sim card phones? I’m asking this question because there is not a clear explanation on the official documentation and also when I did some console logs to get the answer from the expo-notifications API all what I see is an empty response data.
Any help on this will be appreciated

Hi! There were some important changes landed around push tokens in SDK 40, so could you try upgrading and seeing if that helps?

What response is empty?

Hi Charlie:

Thanks for your quick response, I will give a try with the upgrade to SDK 40.
When I said empty, I referred to the following object response from the API:
Object {
“data”: “null”,
“type”: “expo”,
}
I will keep you posted on my progress with the SDK 40.
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.