expo:build:ios fails after updated to macOS Big Sur

Yesterday I updated a machine to macOS Big Sur and since then, ios builds are no more working. publish, android builds, simulator builds looks like to work fine. But authentication against apple seems to fail. It was working fine before with latest expo-cli. Does anybody else has seen this error and may know how to fix it?

Using password from your local Keychain. Learn more https://docs.expo.io/distribution/security#keychain
Authenticating to Apple Developer Portal...
Available session is not valid any more. Continuing with normal login.
No route to host - connect(2) for "appstoreconnect.apple.com" port 443
Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
Reason: Unknown reason, raw: "Could not receive latest API key from App Store Connect, this might be a server issue."
Error: Reason: Unknown reason, raw: "Could not receive latest API key from App Store Connect, this might be a server issue."
    at runAction (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/appleApi/fastlane.ts:28:17)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:93:5)
    at authenticate (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/appleApi/authenticate.ts:49:40)
    at Context.ensureAppleCtx (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/credentials/context.ts:81:24)
    at IOSBuilder.bestEffortAppleCtx (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:95:14)
    at IOSBuilder.prepareCredentials (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:151:5)
    at IOSBuilder.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.ts:62:7)
    at IOSBuilder.command (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/commands/build/BaseBuilder.ts:39:7)
    at Command.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/src/exp.ts:332:7)

That’s my current diagnostics

Expo CLI 3.28.5 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.8 - /bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 15.3.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.22.10 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.14.9 - /usr/local/bin/npm
    SDKs:
      iOS SDK:
        Platforms: iOS 14.2, DriverKit 20.0, macOS 11.0, tvOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1
    IDEs:
      Xcode: 12.2/12B45b - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ~39.0.2 => 39.0.5
      react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.4.tar.gz => 0.63.2
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.28.5
    Expo Workflow: managed

Also filed a bug issue for it

https://github.com/expo/expo-cli/issues/2954

This was not a expo-cli issue. It works fine on big sur. Happened due to a wrong firewall setting.

1 Like

@teqneers can you share more information on the wrong firewall setting to resolve expo-cli issue. it was working on the day before and suddenly failed to work.

Thanks alot.

I accidentally permitted connecting node to the apple services. When running expo build:ios first time after installing Big Sur, i clicked aways the Little Snitch dialog. I just had to delete the rule from little snitch and it worked.

Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.