Expo won't run code in Android Studio emulator

I am new to Expo and I’m trying to figure out how to make an app on an Android device. I have downloaded a lot of software up to this point such as Node.js, vscode, Android Studio, and more. I have gotten far into my program, but when I try to run it by using the Android emulator I made (which is opened in vscode), the emulator opens, but the program doesn’t run and I get the following error:

› Opening on Android…
› Opening emulator S10_EXP_API_33
› Opening exp://[10.156.93.45:19000] on S10_EXP_API_33
Error: adb: failed to install C:\Users\aaron.expo\android-apk-cache\Exponent-2.25.2.apk:
Exception occurred while executing ‘install’:
android.os.ParcelableException: java.io.IOException: Requested internal only, but not enough space
at android.util.ExceptionUtils.wrap(ExceptionUtils.java:34)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageInstallerService.createSession(PackageInstallerService.java:595)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.doCreateSession(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:3434)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.doRunInstall(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:1

S10_EXP_API_33 is the name of my emulator, and it seems like the program was trying to download Exponent-2.25.2.apk but didn’t work.

What can I do to fix this? Any help is appreciated. If possible, please try not to use too many technical terms as I’m somewhat illiterate when it comes to advanced programming and computer terminology.

(I guess you are a new application developer, sorry for verbose if otherwise)

A useful technique in debugging is to google the main error message and look for answers from stackoverflow.com. So, for your issue, I guess it is because the default memory allocated for emulators by Android Studio is not enough for Expo development. c.f.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54461288/installation-failed-with-message-error-android-os-parcelableexception-java-io

1 Like

I can’t believe I never considered memory usage. All I had to do was increase allocated RAM for the emulator in its settings and it worked. Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like