Expo support to change the root view background color without Eject

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 39
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android & iOS

I have been working a bit in Expo since I am quite new to it but for some time I saw that there are white backgrounds in some parts of the screens in which if the size is changed or a keyboard appears, they get this behavior (as if they will be a kind of flash). I have investigated and saw that to alter the unwanted behavior, the root view background color must be changed on the respective platforms but to achieve that the “eject” command must be executed since this options and packages that exist only work under this command. Is there a possibility that Expo already has this possible solution or that one can be provided that does not require anything beyond what I have mentioned? Thanks and sorry if it is not the appropriate place to post this

there is the backgroundColor property in app config:
https://docs.expo.io/versions/v39.0.0/config/app/#backgroundcolor

that said, i’m not entirely sure if this will work in the case of the keyboard for android, give it a shot and let me know. related issue:
https://github.com/expo/expo/issues/10435

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I have tried everything I found documented from Expo but it does not seem to work since these behaviors persist anyway. In addition, this situation persists in the other views, no matter how empty they are. If I put a black background to the views, I know that the problem is due to the fact that the root view background color on their respective platforms still white but it is required to eject the project to modify that background color or use packages to achieve that

as i explained above, the app config property changes the root view background color. however, you have observed this doesn’t appear to help with keyboard, and the color of the splash is still visible. please follow that issue for updates

I will be trying again. Thanks for the help :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.