Expo start: no such file or directory

Hello Folks,
today I have try to start my develop project and I have this error:

C:\Users\Francesco\myAPP>expo start
ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Francesco\myApp\.expo\settings.json.2435377083'
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Francesco\myApp\.expo\settings.json.2435377083'

In fact I don’t have this file…in .expo directory I have only packager-info.json, settings.info and web directory.

How I can solve it?

This is my expo debug:

Expo CLI 3.27.4 environment info:
    System:
    Binaries:
      Node: 14.5.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
      Yarn: 1.22.5 - C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\npm\yarn.CMD
      npm: 6.14.5 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: Version  4.0.0.0 AI-193.6911.18.40.6626763
    npmPackages:
      expo: ~38.0.9 => 38.0.10
      react: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
      react-dom: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
      react-native: ~0.62.2 => 0.62.2
      react-native-web: ~0.11.7 => 0.11.7
    Expo Workflow: bare

I have try to delete .expo directory and I don’t have anymore this error…but expo doesn’t works (the command line is frozen).

I have try to create a new project with expo init projectName, but also in this case the command line is frozen.

How I can solve it? I have try to upgrade expo-cli but the problem doesn’t change.

Hey @temuccio,

Can you make sure you have WSL enabled? Building Standalone Apps - Expo Documentation

If you do, I’d suggest uninstalling the expo-cli globally and re-installing. If that doesn’t work, we can continue from there.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi @adamjnav,
I have enable WSL, uninstalled nodejs, re-installing node.js and expo-cli, enable Hyper-V from Apps and Features, but when I execute expo start the command line is frozen.
I don’t understand where is the problem

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.