expo-speech does not work on windows in Android studio or in snack expo

The example snack in Speech - Expo Documentation does not work on windows 10 in “https://snack.expo.dev” at all.

I do not here any voice in snack.expo.dev with the example snack, although I have tested it in multiple browsers and the PC audio is set to loud. There is no error message or log displayed at all. Neither iOS in snack.expo.dev nor Android in snack.expo.dev nor the code built and loaded to Android Studio AVD produces any voice and there is no error logged at all. On the other hand, the code at least works on my android device, if I scan to QR code.

I opened the snack and found the following:

• If I open the Web preview and click the button, it works. (I’m running Firefox on a Mac).
  • If I run the snack in the Appetize.io Android preview, I get no audio.
  • I did not try the Appetize.io iOS preview.
  • If I open the snack in Expo Go on my Android phone, it works.
  • If I open the snack in Expo Go on an iOS Simulator running on my machine, it works.
  • If I open the snack in Expo Go on an Android emulator running on my machine, it works.

So it seems the Appetize.io Android preview (and maybe iOS) do not work. I’m not sure if this is a know limitation of Appetize.io.
The browser preview works fine on my machine. I don’t have a Windows machine to try it on.