Expo shows its default message for componentDidCatch()?

I have setup a componentDidCatch at the root App.js of my app to show a special view and message if there is a problem. It appears that Expo ignores this and shows its own standard message page (typically name of app, the error, and a Try again link which reloads the app). Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong. I would very much prefer to show my own message.

Hey @ericjames,

Unfortunately you will not be able to override the Expo error screen in a standard, managed Expo project.

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

@adamjnav

• Does Expo allow calls to happen in componentDidCatch? I have a GA exception reporting fetch that appears to work since I am seeing some records, but I don’t think it is happening all the time.

• Would Expo be willing to share crash analytics for developers so we know whats up?

• Last question, does a memory limit warning cause Expo to reload the app? I’m seeing when I push the limits of the app, it reloads itself automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.