Expo sdk 36 deprecation date

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all):

Hi all,

I using expo sdk 36.0 for my current project. Today I tried to build an android app and saw this message:
SDK36 will be deprecated next! We recommend upgrading versions, ideally to the latest (SDK39), so you can continue to build new binaries of your app and develop in the Expo client.

I can’t find date when sdk 36.0 will be deprecated, please advise

The Expo team tries to release a new SDK version once each quarter. So, given the fact that Expo SDK 39 was released in September, I think it’s fair to expect Expo SDK 40 to be released somewhere in December.

When Expo SDK 40 will come out, Expo SDK 36 will be dropped.

I need to mention that the apps that were already built as standalone apps before the drop will still work just fine after the drop of SDK 36 but they can no longer be run in the expo client.

I hope that makes sense.

Hi, thanks for reply. Sdk 39 was released 22 September. So sdk will be released 22 December. Is it correct?

Expo SDK 38 was released on the 25th of June. So I would not place my bet on the exact date.

All we know is that the next release should come out sometime in December. The good part is that for SDK 40 we will get a Beta release about 1 week prior to the full release.

This way we can prepare for the full release ahead of time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.