Expo run:ios fails. Can someone point me in the right direction with these errors?

I just finished updating a project on SDK 40 to 44, it runs fine on expo mobile and the native iOS simulator.

When I sent it to EAS to build it failed, so I ran run:ios on my mac and it failed too with this error, I’m not sure how to resolve it:

The error is very long, but this is the end that I assume is the most important. I appreciate any help.

warning: The iOS Simulator deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 8.0, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 9.0 to 15.2.99. (in target 'boost-for-react-native' from project 'Pods')

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
        CompileSwiftSources normal x86_64 com.apple.xcode.tools.swift.compiler (in target 'ExpoModulesCore' from project 'Pods')
        PhaseScriptExecution [CP-User]\ Generate\ Specs /Users/Rappa/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/NYEMS-dpqrjgvuppqfqxgcnqrevkrsxbju/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Pods.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FBReactNativeSpec.build/Script-DADF87F76424CA3F916BCAD9FB7B14E3.sh (in target 'FBReactNativeSpec' from project 'Pods')
(2 failures)