"Expo responded with an error with status code 503: upstream connect error" on notification send.

1. SDK Version: 3.7.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

I have a notification send job (via scheduled Google Cloud Function) that runs every 5 minutes from 08:00-20:00. The first job of the day at 08:00 seems to always fail with:

Error: Expo responded with an error with status code 503: upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination
    at Expo.<anonymous> (/workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:275:30)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:27:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:23:12)
    at Expo.getTextResponseErrorAsync (/workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:274:16)
    at Expo.<anonymous> (/workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:263:35)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (/workspace/node_modules/expo-server-sdk/build/ExpoClient.js:24:58)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

The notification sends, but if I don’t ignore (i.e. catch, log and continue) this error I do not mark my notifications as sent and therefore send them again at 08:05.

I am trying to recreate the issue by letting the job rest for a longer period of time, but it almost seems like there’s a function/lambda/whatever that’s failing to wake up or something.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.