Expo Resource Leak?

Hi, we’ve been using Expo to develop our app and we thank all Expo developers for the hard work you’ve put into the platform.

However, I’ve noticed a problem with Expo, of which part of Expo I’m not exactly sure. Usually when we develop our Expo app in the iPhone Simulator, everything seems to run fine, but when I close the expo process/close the app in the iPhone Simulator Expo client, usually after ten minutes my MacBook fan will start to roar tremendously and my Mac will draw to a near complete halt.

Usually I then open Activity Monitor which reveals the offender to be a process named Exponent, which I assume is a daemon which Expo has started but neglected to stop. I’ve seen the Exponent process take up to 25 GB of memory and open 500 threads (as indicated by Activity Monitor). I typically open the Expo process via the command-line if it helps. Once I terminate the process, everything about my MacBook goes back to normal.

This issue has been quite annoying, and I would appreciate any advice on what the issue might be, and how I could fix this problem for once and for all.

Thanks in advance!

A copy of the expo diagnostics in case it helps:

Expo CLI 4.0.6 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 12.16.3 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.3/bin/node
      npm: 6.14.4 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.3/bin/npm
    Managers:
      CocoaPods: 1.7.5 - /usr/local/bin/pod
    SDKs:
      iOS SDK:
        Platforms: iOS 12.1, macOS 10.14, tvOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1
    IDEs:
      Xcode: 10.1/10B61 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^39.0.0 => 39.0.5                                                                         ider. If you have trouble connecting to your app, try to Restart the project, or switch Host to LAN.
      react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
      react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
      react-native: 0.63.3 => 0.63.3
      react-native-web: ~0.13.7 => 0.13.18
    Expo Workflow: bare