Expo push notification not working on production

Hi there :wave:

I currently build an app that send push notifications, but while developing the application the push notification feature work perfectly but once I deploy the app to my expo account using the command expo publish the push notification features stop working, then I start to figure out what’s going on, and the reason why the push notification feature is not working on production but I seems not to find the right answer on the internet, even stackoverflow, So I decide to get the expo push notification token and send the notification manually using the push notification tool but I found out that the expo push notification token is empty on production because I tried to alert the token so that I may send the notification manually using the push notification tool but the token is empty :frowning_face:

So I can’t send push notification since the expo push notification token is empty.

What can I do next guys?! Please help :pray:

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey did you find a solution? My tokens are only being generated in the local development, even if I log to the prod db the token works fine in development, but in both iOS and Android (which I even did a whole new release after rebuilding the app) the token returns null as well.

Hey, have you guys found an answer?
Im running into the same problem…

Here is the Answer
As expo handle the notification registration for IOS but for android you have to register your app with firebase

So you have to register your app with firebase for this
Click here to get full information
https://docs.expo.dev/push-notifications/using-fcm/
all steps are mentioned
OR for Video information Click here