Expo Publish, no build created?

Hi,

I’m having an issue this morning: when I perform a expo publish --release-channel staging, all is working fine, I can see my app updating when I run it in the Expo app (stagingversion).

However, when I publish to default, I’m expecting to see my production bundle (released on the stores) to check for (OTA) updates and well, update. After several updates this way, working fine, it seems like my production app doesn’t see the new OTA update that I published on default.

I checked my app SDK version, I’m using Expo 37 on staging and production.

When I check my app’s builds on expo.io, I don’t see any builds done today.

I don’t see what is going wrong and what I can do to debug that…

Any ideas?

Expo CLI 3.21.5 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.7.1 - /bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 12.16.3 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.3/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.17.3 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.14.4 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.3/bin/npm
      Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
    IDEs:
      Android Studio: 3.5 AI-191.8026.42.35.5900203
      Xcode: 11.3.1/11C504 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^37.0.7 => 37.0.7 
      react: 16.9.0 => 16.9.0 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-37.0.1.tar.gz => 0.61.4 
      react-navigation: ^4.0.10 => 4.3.8 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 3.21.5

Nevermind, after 6 hours, my app is seeing the OTA updates poping up in my production bundle, I guess it’s just an unusual delay on Expo service.

Hey @enguerranws,

Thanks for sharing an update with us. Would love to get some more information from you if possible. Did the OTA update not pick up until after the 6 hour mark for both iOS and Android? Also, were you able to test on different devices to see if it may have been a device specific (perhaps caching) issue?

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.