Expo Notifications with Bare Workflow

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37.0.3
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

I had project with expo managed workflow. Expo notifications worked well. I used expo notifications and expo sdk java. Everything works good. Now I moved my app to Bare Workflow after come out of expo sdk 37 and there said that we can use Expo Notifications with bare workflow.

Now my bare app throwing error when i getExpoPushToken() that not initialized with Firebase. But I did it.
Now my question is can I use expo notifications with Bare workflow with expo-java-sdk to send pushes ? Or I must send it only with Firebase ? And the instructions in expo-notification package to setup firebase is not working expo/packages/expo-notifications at master · expo/expo · GitHub

Can you specify the exact commands you’ve run or give a reproducable repo?

I know for myself, I had thought I followed the instructions at the expo-notifications link but had missed some commands.

I’ve personally followed these instructions on 3 different apps in the last 5 days so it’s likely not the instructions but instead how you’re following them (not trying to make you feel bad, I did this before as well! :slight_smile: )

You might want to reference this as well: Expo Notifications - getExpoPushTokenAsync

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.