Expo Notifications Not working properly on custom development client, android. Expo SDK 46

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 46
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

Hello, I’m developing a React-Native app with Custom Development client. I’m observing funny behavior using expo-notifications. When I schedule notification using scheduleReminderNotification I get a notification on the phone but when I use the expo push notification tool, I don’t get any notification. I checked Push receipts and their status is okay. But I don’t get any notification. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

It may need you to obtain your device token again for the devclient app in case you’re storing it with your user profile. In my case I set up that a single “user” on our system will register their device token on logon and remove on logout from the app and I broadcast to all the IDs associated with a single user.

1 Like

Hi @trajano If the first time the user denied permission to receive notifications, how do I request it again?

Thanks in advance!

I did that. In production, expo generates a new token for a user. Even with using the new token, I’m not able to send notification. How did you solve this in your case? How you share your app configurations?

Hello friend, I send the notifications from the backend with Laravel.
My problem is that I want to manipulate the permissions with code, but I definitely have to go to the settings.

Won’t iOS/Android prevent it from being asked again? Since it will be nagging. The use can allow it on their settings after the fact.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.