[expo-notifications] Error encountered while updating the device push token with the server:

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 45
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

When after implementing expo-notifications in bare workflow, the push notification token get’s returned for but android and ios but I get this error in metro server console.

[expo-notifications] Error encountered while updating the device push token with the server: {"errors":[{"code":"VALIDATION_ERROR","message":"\"appId\" must be a string.","isTransient":false}]}

Another observation:
When testing the returned push notification token using Push Notification Tool — Expo, the android device receives the notification but the iOS device doesn’t.

So I made an api call directly to this endpoint so I can get the push receipt for iOS.

I got this response:

{
            "status": "error",
            "message": "The Apple Push Notification service failed to send the notification (reason: BadDeviceToken, status code: 400). Read Apple's docs about \"Communicating with APNs\" to learn what this error means.",
            "details": {
                "apns": {
                    "reason": "BadDeviceToken",
                    "statusCode": 400
                },
                "error": "ExpoError",
                "sentAt": 1654502060
            }

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.