Expo Go crashes on first sample project (Android)

Hi, I am trying my first steps with Expo, following “Get started”, but no avail. After Initializing the project and starting the dev. server, I installed Expo Go on my Android phone and scanned the QR code. Got a red page, saying “Building JavaScript bundle: error”, and “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘transformFile’)”.
Failed to construct transformer: Error: error:0308010C:digital envelope routines::unsupported
at new Hash (node:internal/crypto/hash:67:19)
at Object.createHash (node:crypto:130:10)
at stableHash (/home/zkiss/projects/reactn/expo-test/node_modules/metro-cache/src/stableHash.js:19:8)
at Object.getCacheKey (/home/zkiss/projects/reactn/expo-test/node_modules/metro-transform-worker/src/index.js:647:7)
at getTransformCacheKey (/home/zkiss/projects/reactn/expo-test/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/getTransformCacheKey.js:32:19)
at new Transformer (/home/zkiss/projects/reactn/expo-test/node_modules/metro/src/DeltaBundler/Transformer.js:180:28)
at /my/projects/reactn/expo-test/node_modules/metro/src/Bundler.js:58:29

What I am doing wrong?

The phone has Android 7.0. Many thanks,

It seems to me that nobody has seen this post, or nobody competent cares. After looking at other complaints and judging by the buggy quality level of the software, I can recommend only to stop this project. I am very disappointed. This is not something you should publish.