Expo-Firebase-Recaptcha no longer working in Snack example -- nor in my app

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to implement Firebase phone authentication and am using Expo-Firebase-Recaptcha. However, it doesn’t seem to be working on the example Snack any more:

And it’s not working for me in my project. Was there a recent update? Is anyone else experiencing this? Would love to get this working. Thanks!

this example requires that you substitute the commented out code with your firebase app information, notice:

// Initialize Firebase JS SDK
// https://firebase.google.com/docs/web/setup
/*try {
  firebase.initializeApp({
  });
} catch (err) {
  // ignore app already initialized error in snack
}*/

you need to follow the instructions at the url provided and replace ... with the relevant pieces of code from those instructions

Thanks for that, and sorry for my misunderstanding. Right now on one of my projects the recaptcha is working. I literally copied and pasted the exact same code into another project, and it’s not working there (modal is popping up, but no recaptcha checkbox is appearing, it’s just a blank white screen.) So I’m a bit stumped, trying to figure it out. Will update when I do.

OK. My firebaseConfig object’s API key had changed somehow from what I had before, so I just copied and pasted the correct one and it works. Phew!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.