Expo Firebase App: cannot find symbol FirebaseAppPackage

Hi!
I’m testing the expo-firebase-app module (thank you so much for this!), but after following instructions from expo-firebase-app - npm (and the blog post)when I try to build the android app using ./gradlew installDevMinSdkDevKernelDebug I get the following error

new FirebaseAppPackage() // Include this. 
          ^
  symbol:   class FirebaseAppPackage
1 error

I’m using a clean/just created/ejected expo app. Is there something else I need to do?

I’m not sure exactly what’s wrong. You could refer to the boilerplate. Here is what that would look like:

This was the line I was missing (maybe it was obvious for someone with Java/Android experience, but not for a JS guy :sweat_smile:).

https://github.com/EvanBacon/expo-native-firebase/blob/87bc83c6d7d9e4c8c6fbd34c3ed115d306b84d27/android/app/src/main/java/host/exp/exponent/MainActivity.java#L14

Thanks so much for making our life easier :heart:

1 Like

Right, in Android Studio this will be automatically imported. This is probably why I didn’t add as much emphasize to it :sweat:Glad you figured it out though! :grin::blue_heart:

JS guys are afraid only by thinking in opening Android Studio :joy:that’s why we love Expo so much. Thanks and have a fun weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.