Expo EAS build failure. Please help

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: Expo SDK 45

Calling [node, /home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/bin.js, config] finished with an exception. Error message: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘configurations’) at Object.dependencyConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-platform-ios/build/config/index.js:102:37) at /home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:47:61 at Array.reduce () at getDependencyConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:44:51) at Object.get @react-native-community/cli [as @react-native-community/cli] (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:99:18) at /home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:16:51 at Array.forEach () at filterConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:15:38) at Object.func (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:27:32) at Command.handleAction (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/index.js:142:23)info Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.
[stderr] ^. Output: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘configurations’) at Object.dependencyConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-platform-ios/build/config/index.js:102:37) at /home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:47:61 at Array.reduce () at getDependencyConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:44:51) at Object.get @react-native-community/cli [as @react-native-community/cli] (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/loadConfig.js:99:18) at /home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:16:51 at Array.forEach () at filterConfig (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:15:38) at Object.func (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-config/build/commands/config.js:27:32) at Command.handleAction (/home/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/index.js:142:23)info Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.

looks related: Gradle exception: Failed to parse React Native CLI configuration · Issue #863 · react-native-community/cli · GitHub

also refer to: Troubleshooting build errors and crashes - Expo Documentation

Thank you though I tried all those solutions, nothing worked. The app builds with expo build with no errors. I don’t know what exactly is wrong, I tried all solutions I could find. May be I would create a new app n try to build it and see if it works

Hi @feisal

Unfortunately it’s hard to tell what’s going wrong without more information. Something weird is going on.

It looks like you’re trying to do an Android build. Is that right?

But the output has a lot of references to “@react-native-community/cli-platform-ios

Do you have an android directory in your app?

Could you please run the following inside your project and paste the output here?

npx expo-env-info

Please also run expo-cli doctor and see if it complains about anything.

Could you also provide the dependencies and devDependencies from package.json?

Yes, that would also be a useful test.

Yeah I am trying to build an android app. The test app worked am guessing the problem is my dependency . I would do all that u suggested and share more information here. I uninstalled react native community cli and the build became successful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.