expo cli doesnt work for me

What does this give you?

npm list -g expo-cli

It gives me this

OK, that “Exit status 7” does not look promising. I wonder what changed from the last time when you got 'Exit status 1".

I believe you’re getting the “MODULE_NOT_FOUND” error because the installation did not complete successfully, even though the warnings displayed in your screenshot should not be a problem.

Can you start again by uninstalling expo-cli and node and then getting hold of the node 12.x installer (if that’s not what you have).

Then install node 12.x. I have never installed node on Windows before, so I’m not sure what the installation process looks like. If you get any warnings, errors, etc. during the node installation make a note of them and tell us about them.

Then run npm install -g expo-cli@3.5.0 and paste the whole output as text here like this:

```
output
here
```

Then we can check if there are any other errors in there that need to be fixed.

Okay, Thanks will do

Hi @vuyo

Did you come right?

hello there I have a similar problem that I can’t wrap my head around all day

Davids-MacBook-Air:~ davidyard$ npm list -g expo-cli

/Users/davidyard/.npm-global/lib

└── expo-cli@3.11.3

Davids-MacBook-Air:~ davidyard$ expo init my-new-project

-bash: expo: command not found

Hi

The problem is that your copy of node or npm is installed in .npm-global in your home directory instead of somewhere like /usr/local and /Users/<your_username>/.npm-global/bin is not in your PATH, so bash can’t find it.

Please have a look at this thread where another user had the same problem.

In theory, adding the ~/.npm-global/bin to the start of your PATH in ~/.profile should do the trick (after a restart of the Terminal so that bash (running in the Terminal) can re-read the .profile). But for a reason I was not able to figure out that did not work for the user who posted the above mentioned thread. So the sledgehammer is to add the path to /etc/paths.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.