expo cli cannot start project

When I start with “expo start” , the metro bundler loads up. However, I am having problems starting the app with any of the options.What have I done wrong here? What should I do to fix it?
1)Scanning the QR code in android expo client— Something went wrong. Could not load exp://127.0.0.1:19000. clicking on error log gives "Uncaught Error:java.net.ConnectException:Failed to connect to /127.0.0.1:19000 21:32:40 Fatal Error.
The link is shown above the QR code as exp://127.0.0.1:19000

1. Publish or Republish project-- I get following errors
    ERROR
    17:07
    Failed to construct transformer: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
    at Timeout._onTimeout (C:\nodejs\trial1\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:1059:24)
    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:551:17)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:494:7)
    ERROR
    17:07
    (node:880) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
    at Timeout._onTimeout (C:\nodejs\trial1\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:1059:24)
    (Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)

3)Send Link with email—when I click on the link in my email, a blank page opens in a new tab .Nothing is visible.
4) Run on web browser—tries to open the project on http://127.0.0.1:19006/
This site cant be reached. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
5) I connect an android device
ERROR
17:13
Error: Failed to start watch mode.

1. When I buid an apk with “expo build:android -t apk” it gets built correctly.

All the options above were functioning properly before trying to get a react-native-picker installed, sent my project on a downward spiral.To get the picker working I had to install expo sdk 38. The expo stopped working.To get that to work I had to downgrade expo- cli to 3.5.0

EXPO DIAGNOSTICS
┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ │
│ There is a new version of expo-cli available (3.25.0). │
│ You are currently using expo-cli 3.5.0 │
│ Install expo-cli globally using the package manager of your choice; for example: npm install -g expo-cli to get the latest version │
│ │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Expo CLI 3.5.0 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
npm: 6.14.7 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: AI-171.4443003

expo-cli 3.5.0 is very old! it was released about a year ago. you should install the latest version. 3.25.0

As I have explained above,
“All the options above were functioning properly before trying to get a react-native-picker installed, sent my project on a downward spiral.To get the picker working I had to install expo sdk 38. The expo stopped working.To get that to work I had to downgrade expo- cli to 3.5.0”

When I had the cli to 3.24 and upgraded the sdk to 38 to accommodate the picker component, I started getting issues. I followed the following thread and downgraded the cli

update:
now even trying to build the apk is giving the following error. I think this is something to do with the path 127.0.0.1:19001 as this seems to be common in all errors.

C:\nodejs\trial1>expo build:android -t apk
┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ │
│ There is a new version of expo-cli available (3.25.0). │
│ You are currently using expo-cli 3.5.0 │
│ Install expo-cli globally using the package manager of your choice; for example: npm install -g expo-cli to get the latest version │
│ │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Checking if there is a build in progress…

Publishing to channel ‘default’…
Building iOS bundle
connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:19001
Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

Hi notbrent,
and following your advice, I tried to uninstall and install cli and still got some EPERM ERRORS. Not sure where I should go from here, unless someone can help me/point me in the right direction.

C:\nodejs\trial1>npm i -g expo-cli

npm WARN rollback Rolling back emoji-regex@7.0.3 failed (this is probably harmless): EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat ‘C:\Users\roopali\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\yargs\node_modules’
npm WARN rollback Rolling back postcss-selector-parser@3.1.2 failed (this is probably harmless): EPERM: operation not permitted, scandir ‘C:\Users\roopali\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\stylehacks\node_modules’
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: @expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin@1.15.1 (node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\traveling-fastlane-darwin):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for @expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin@1.15.1: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“win32”,“arch”:“x64”})

npm ERR! code EPERM
npm ERR! syscall unlink
npm ERR! path C:\Users\roopali\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo.xdl.DELETE\binaries\windows\adb\adb.exe
npm ERR! errno -4048
npm ERR! Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘C:\Users\roopali\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo.xdl.DELETE\binaries\windows\adb\adb.exe’
npm ERR! [OperationalError: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink {adb.exe link} {
npm ERR! cause: [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink {adb.exe link}
npm ERR! errno: -4048,
npm ERR! code: ‘EPERM’,
npm ERR! syscall: ‘unlink’,
npm ERR! path:{adb.exe link}
npm ERR! },
npm ERR! errno: -4048,
npm ERR! code: ‘EPERM’,
npm ERR! syscall: ‘unlink’,
npm ERR! path {adb.exe link}',
npm ERR! parent: ‘expo-cli’
npm ERR! }
npm ERR!
npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
npm ERR! It’s possible that the file was already in use (by a text editor or antivirus),
npm ERR! or that you lack permissions to access it.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! {link here}

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.