Expo build OTA update

Hi all

I’m using expo-cli to build my app, and it’s working fine, but with the team we have recently updated the SDK from version 39 to version 41 and with that the expo-cli also was updated.
I’m using expo build: to generate the artifact to upload (in this case) to Testflight, but the OTA stopped working (both artifacts IPA and APK were generated without any problems) , I’ve checked the release channel is the same. Is this a expected behavior on this version or I’m missing something?
What step I need to take to make an OTA update if that is and expected behavior?
One thing worth mentioning is that this is the first build performed after the SDK update

The output of the expo diagnostics:

Expo CLI 4.5.0 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.8 - /usr/bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 14.15.1 - /usr/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.22.5 - /usr/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.14.8 - /usr/bin/npm
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^41.0.0 => 41.0.1 
      react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
      react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-41.0.0.tar.gz => 0.63.2 
      react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 4.5.0
    Expo Workflow: managed

Thanks

Hi.

It’s not clear to me what you mean when you say this.

Bear in mind that an OTA update’s SDK version must match the SDK version of the app.

Hi Wodin, sorry, I did not express my self clearly, what I meant was that the users did not receive the Update over the air, but let see if I understood correctly:

Bear in mind that an OTA update’s SDK version must match the SDK version of the app.

This means that the users that have installed the app with the SDK 39 release channel=pre-prod, they will no receive an OTA update of the app with the SDK 41 release channel=pre-prod, is this correct?

Hi
is my previous question is correct?

Thanks

this is correct

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.