expo build:ios error - 127

I am receiving the following error when running expo build:ios …

Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
bash exited with non-zero code: 127
Error: bash exited with non-zero code: 127
at ChildProcess.completionListener (C:\Users\njs4s\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\src\spawnAsync.ts:65:13)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:418:26)
etc …
etc …

I have checked the apple id and pw multiple times and am entering credentials correctly. I have seen similar issues posted previously on this forum but none of those resolutions seem to address my situation. Fwiw, I am running the hyper CLI on Windows 10.

Thanks for any and all help!

EXPO DIAGNOSTICS LOG OUTPUT:

Expo CLI 3.22.1 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Node: 12.16.1 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
npm: 6.13.4 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
npmPackages:
expo: ~38.0.8 => 38.0.8
react: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
react-dom: ~16.11.0 => 16.11.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-38.0.1.tar.gz => 0.62.2
react-native-web: ~0.11.7 => 0.11.7
react-navigation: ^4.4.0 => 4.4.0

Anyone?

Hi njsinger,
do you have found a solution for this problem?

I had the same problem…

Yes … it only works with MacOS! Unfortunately. Not sure why expo doesn’t own up to this fact.

because it’s not true. it’s possible that apple recently changed its authentication process to be incompatible with what fastlane is doing on windows, but i doubt don’t think that is the case.

are you using the latest version of expo-cli? do you have a paid apple developer account?

I have changed to my linux envioriment and it is working. Thanks

1 Like

So … notbrent … why did it take 3 weeks for someone from expo to respond and only after I posted that comment. Yes, i have a paid apple developer account and yes i have the latest cli. Works fine on the mac not on windows. If its not true, can you help us get it working? Thanks

we don’t provide any guarantee for response time to discussions on the forums. there are only two dedicated support folks and they can’t possibly stay on top of everything. if you want dedicated support then please see Get Support — Expo

let’s continue discussion on this in Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed! on build:ios and client:ios · Issue #2451 · expo/expo-cli · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.