expo build:ios : Cannot find module '@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin'

I am trying to publish my app for iOS using expo build:ios command. But it is giving me error
"Cannot find module ‘@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin’
[15:09:08] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace. "

I have tried reinstalling expo-cli, and also installing traveling fastlane by itself by running “npm i @expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin”.
Inside the node_modules @expo folder, traveling-fastlane-darwin exists as well, but I am still getting this error.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hey @junaidchaudry,

I’ll investigate this internally but also wanted to make sure that you know you can run expo publish to publish a new JS bundle and assets. You don’t have to build to do so. If you upgraded or made some changes in your app.json then you would have to build a new .ipa. You can read more about this here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v31.0.0/workflow/publishing#limitations

Cheers,

Adam

Hi,
Thank you for the reply and looking into the matter. I am actually trying to create an .ipa file. Earlier I created the apk file for my app and that worked completely fine, but build:ios is giving me error even though the folder does exist

Thanks,

exp build:ios requires a Mac — “darwin” refers to macOS. Could it be you are running the command on another platform?

I am actually using a Mac OS High Sierra

I’ve got something similar after upgrading to the latest SDK.

In my CI environment, i use

npm ci

And my build is failing. I recreated using npm ci locally, and received the following:

/Users/chris/Coding/mobile/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-linux/platform.js:3
  throw new Error('Not running on platform with Linux available');
  ^

Error: Not running on platform with Linux available
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/chris/Coding/mobile/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-linux/platform.js:3:9)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
    at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:742:12)
    at startup (internal/bootstrap/node.js:279:19)
    at bootstrapNodeJSCore (internal/bootstrap/node.js:752:3)

> @expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin@1.6.1 preinstall /Users/chris/Coding/mobile/node_modules/@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin
> node platform.js

My CI server is linux, and locally I’m on a Mac.

Locally, if I use npm install everything works as expected.

has anyone found any solution to the problem?
Below is how I am trying to run the build. I am using a MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6

expo build:ios
[12:10:57] Making sure project is set up correctly...
[12:10:58] Your project looks good!
[12:10:58] Cannot find module '@expo/traveling-fastlane-darwin'
[12:10:58] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.

Yes, there is something missing in the docs for upgrading to the latest version. Checkout the changes to the babel config files when using expo init. https://github.com/expo/new-project-template/blob/master/babel.config.js

For me, I had to remove .babelrc and replace it with the new babel.config.js

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.