expo build fails after upgrade to v 47: Error: [ios.dangerous]: withIosDangerousBaseMod: Cannot add flipper arguments

I am having an issue creating a development build after upgrading to expo v47. I am using the latest eas-cli@2.7.1. The code itself has not changed. I used eas to build previous development and production versions with expo v46, without problems,
I cannot find any information to start. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

I used:
eas build --profile=development-simulator --platform ios
I get the following error message.
Error: [ios.dangerous]: withIosDangerousBaseMod: Cannot add flipper arguments to the project’s ios/Podfile. Please report this with a copy of your project Podfile. You can generate this with the expo prebuild command.

The complete eas log is here:

- Creating native project directories (./ios and ./android) and updating .gitignore

✔ Created native project | gitignore skipped

- Adding Metro bundler config

✔ Added Metro config

- Updating your package.json scripts, dependencies, and main file

✔ Updated package.json and added index.js entry point for iOS and Android

› Removed "main": "node_modules/expo/AppEntry.js" from package.json because we recommend using index.js as main instead

- Config syncing

9[stderr]

Using node to generate images. This is much slower than using native packages.

10[stderr]

› Optionally you can stop the process and try again after successfully running `npm install -g sharp-cli`.

- Config syncing

✖ Config sync failed

13[stderr]

Error: [ios.dangerous]: withIosDangerousBaseMod: Cannot add flipper arguments to the project's ios/Podfile. Please report this with a copy of your project Podfile. You can generate this with the `expo prebuild` command.

14[stderr]

Error: [ios.dangerous]: withIosDangerousBaseMod: Cannot add flipper arguments to the project's ios/Podfile. Please report this with a copy of your project Podfile. You can generate this with the `expo prebuild` command.

15[stderr]

at /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo-community-flipper/build/withFlipper.ios.js:120:23

16[stderr]

at action (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/withMod.js:235:29)

17[stderr]

at interceptingMod (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/withMod.js:126:27)

18[stderr]

at action (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/withMod.js:240:14)

19[stderr]

at async interceptingMod (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/withMod.js:126:21)

20[stderr]

at async interceptingMod (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/withMod.js:126:21)

21[stderr]

22[stderr]

23[stderr]

at async action (/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/@expo/config-plugins/build/plugins/createBaseMod.js:71:21)

24[stderr]

25npx exited with non-zero code: 1

Check your expo-community-plugin version

Thanks for the hint! Do you mean expo-community-flipper - which I had to update, or expo/config-plugins?

Hi @nickbuc,

The expo-community-flipper plugin uses the default version of Flipper bundled with React Native. If you are using expo-community-flipper and need to specify a specific version, you can specify it as stated in plugin’s docs here.