Expo auth proxy not working since I switched to organisation

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 46.0.16
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on. expo-auth-session

I have been using expo-auth-session with the auth.expo.io proxy successfully on a personal account with invited team members. Now I have switched to an organisation instead of a personal account as per Expo’s recommendations when working in a team. However, the proxy url has not been allowing me to authenticate since.

The documentation states that the proxy url structure follows: auth.expo.io/@my-username/my-app
but for organisations it looks like this: auth.expo.io/app-name/start where app-name is derived from name (or maybe originalFullName) in app.config.js.

I have of course added this new url, and variations of it without /start at the end, to the list of accepted redirect URIs in my auth provider (I’m using azure b2c), just like URIs for when I had a personal account.

Its not working though. I get a dark 404 page with the text “Not Found” from auth.expo.io. This is before I even get to the auth provider’s signin page.

Does the proxy not work for organisation accounts or have I missed something?

Solved!

When switching to organisation I was prompted to specify originalFullName in app.config.js and was under the impression that the username as an organisation was the same as the organisation name (because the organisation name should be used for the owner property). It is actually the username of the owner of the organisation, which I noticed when reading in the config docs.

The proxy uses originalFullName as path appended on auth.expo.io/ and if not specified it will autogenerate this (in which case it will be the same value as currentFullName which is also a generated property on app.config.js). As an organisation you probably have internal testers who need to login, and if you don’t specify originalFullName yourself they will use their own usernames when going through the proxy - which may not be allowed by your identity provider if you have only specified certain accepted redirect urls. Makes sense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.