Expo apparently created a new upload certificate for my app- is there any way to retrieve the old one?

I recently built an uploaded an apk to Google Play, then rebuilt it as an app bundle. However, when I tried to upload the app bundle, the Google Play Console returned a “Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key” error.

After that, I made a minor change to app.json- adding a new iOS icon- then tried building a new apk. However, trying to upload that results in a "You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. " error.

So, presumably Expo replaced my upload certificate at some point. Having neglected to download the certificate with expo fetch:android:keystore previously, is there any way to retrieve the original? Does Expo back those up when creating new ones?

My “expo diagnostics” info is:

System:
Binaries:
  npm: 6.9.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
  Android Studio: Version  3.5.0.0 AI-191.8026.42.35.6010548

Hi! Expo only keeps the most recent keystore (that’s why we say to make sure to back yours up once you create it the first time)

But, if you’re using app signing by google play, you should be able to contact the Google support team and have them reset it on their end :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.