Expo app typing, overall reaction is extremely slow when opened on IOS(dev and prd too)

1. SDK Version: 4.4.3
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): IOS

After running expo start and opening the app in Expo Go app i have a login screen.
I touch the input field, and the keyboard comes up, and when pressing letters it is extremely slow, not taking the input in, and it freezes the mobile sometimes too, so i cannot quit the app.
The app is available here: Expo

Hey @alenart, can you share a runnable, reproducible example of this behavior? Without seeing code, knowing versions, testing env info it will be hard to help out here.

Cheers,
Adam

I realised what was causing it in the first place. I have React Native TextInput like this:

<TextInput 
   style = {styles.input} 
   placeholder = {'Enter email address'} 
   keyboardType = {'email-address'}
   value = {email} 
   onChangeText = {email => setEmail(email)}            
/>

The fact that i updated the recoil state of email and displayed it as value in the TextInput made typing slow down, although in a separate project i created to test this i could not reproduce, so maybe it was caused by an older version of Expo or React Native or other dependencies in my project.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.