Expo App Crash on android device

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38
  2. Platforms(Android 5+)

Guys i need help. im developing an app for a company, and the app is fine on other devices, but there is this one device that has available internal storage of 170-280, and when the app is opened at some screen (map view, and open camera and galerry picker) it crashes and restart the app. My question is is this an expected behaviour? is it because the phone has 178ram available that it crashses the app. because those screens / function works well in other device.

Hi

I am not sure what the problem is, but I suppose too little available RAM sounds plausible.

But if you can get the output of adb logcat it might give you the cause of the crash.

would you mind tell me how can i do that ? “adb logcat” is it an expo command in terminal or it is a part of android studio? and if it is how can i do that on managed workflow

adb does come with Android Studio, but it is also installed when you install expo-cli. e.g. I installed expo-cli using yarn and I find copies of adb here:

$ which expo
/usr/local/bin/expo
$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/expo
lrwxr-xr-x  1 michael  wheel  65 Dec  5 14:29 /usr/local/bin/expo -> ../../../Users/michael/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin/expo
$ find /Users/michael/.config/yarn/global/node_modules -type f -name adb
/Users/michael/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/@expo/xdl/binaries/osx/adb/adb
/Users/michael/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/@expo/xdl/binaries/linux/adb/adb

If you installed expo-cli with npm you should still be able to find it in a similar way.

If you use Windows, you will not have the find command (or at least the find command on Windows is closer to the Unix grep command.) But you should still be able to search for adb.exe.

So if you don’t have another copy of adb in your PATH already, you could add the directory containing adb from your search to your PATH. In my case that would be something like:

export PATH=$PATH:/Users/michael/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/@expo/xdl/binaries/osx/adb

Then you’ll need to enable USB debugging on the phone and plug it into your computer with a USB cable. The phone should prompt you to trust the computer. After you accept that, you should be able to run adb devices to see that it detects the phone, and then adb logcat to get the logging info.

To save it in a file, do adb logcat > logfile.txt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.