Expo Android app with React Navigation crashes in Appium

Hi,

I am facing a problem with UI testing our Expo Android app in Appium. The app is built with Expo 32 and React Navigation. Appium crashes with this error message:

Appium error: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: at org.apache.harmony.xml.dom.NodeImpl.setNameNS(NodeImpl.java:241) at org.apache.harmony.xml.dom.DocumentImpl.renameNode(DocumentImpl.java:317) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.visitNode(XMLHierarchy.java:131) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:96) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:97) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:97) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:97) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:97) at io.appium.uiautomator2.utils.XMLHierarchy.annotateNodes(XMLHierarchy.java:97) at …

When investigating I have found that:

• New Expo app with React Navigation crashes Appium
  • New Expo app without React Navigation works fine
  • New React Native app with React Navigation works fine

As I understand it, Expo automatically includes some related packages to React Navigation. My theory it that one of these related packages is causing the problem.

So my question is if there is some way to exclude or update theses packages, at least for trouble shooting? They are not listed in packages.json.

Has anyone else had problems with Expo/Android/Appium?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.