Expo Admob Banner display blank

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35.0.0
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android/iOS

I am using expo-ads-admob package to display AdMobBanner advertisement in my app as:

<AdMobBanner
              bannerSize="fullBanner"
              adUnitID="MY_AD_UNIT_ID"
              testDeviceID="EMULATOR"
              onDidFailToReceiveAdWithError={err => {
                console.log(err)
              }}
              onAdViewDidReceiveAd={() => {
                console.log("Ad Recieved");
              }}
            />

but nothing shows up, when i execute my app, and just blank space is visible where the Ad should be.
Console log prints nothing. Neither an error nor “Ad Recieved”.
I have also configured my app.json accordingly:

"ios": {
      "bundleIdentifier": "my.package.name",
      "config": {
        "googleMobileAdsAppId": "my-app-id"
      }
    },
    "android": {
      "package": "my.package.name",
      "config": {
        "googleMobileAdsAppId": "my-app-id"
      }
    }

Hey @elfarangi,

Can you share the full and relevant code that renders your ad component? Also, can you make sure you have the correct version of the package installed by running expo install expo-ads-admob?

Cheers,
Adam

Hey @adamjnav
Thanks for the response, i was working in Production Mode, when i switched to Dev mode, the ads suddenly start to appear, and i also switched to using Google Test Banner Ad Unit ID.
Now even if i switch back to Prod mode, the ads are visible just fine. I am not sure what fixed it, but they are working now.

Hi

I have not used Admob before, but I seem to remember seeing something before about it having trouble if e.g. you request the same ad too often? (Might be completely misremembering.) So it could be that while testing you went over their threshold and it started working again after you gave it a bit of time?

Apparently adb logcat might give you more info. (e.g. this stackoverflow answer)

This article shows some other possible causes. Maybe also look at this comment and the rest of the thread.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.