Expo 46 bare workflow never launches iOS simulator

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 46
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS
  3. Add the appropriate “Tag” based on what Expo library you have a question on.

We upgraded our app and have found that running npm run ios puts the Terminal session in a state of endlessly bouncing between node and simctl. The app does get installed in the Simulator, but I have to manually boot the Simulator and open our app.

I have tested this on macOS 12.5 (21G72) on my M1 Max MacBook Pro and my Intel i7 Mac Mini with the same results.

Steps to reproduce

npx create-expo-app -t bare-minimum@46 expo-test
cd expo-test
npm run ios

Screen Recording 2022-08-02 at 2.43.13 pm

Hi @chargefox-cam,

I tried reproducing on my end with the steps you shared, and it is booting automatically. Can you share which Expo CLI version are you using by running expo --version?

expo --version returns 6.0.1

• I’m running Xcode 13.4.1 with Command Line Tools 13.4.1 (13F100) and Simulator 15.4.
  • On the M1 MacBook Pro I’m running Terminal via Rosetta 2.
  • I have installed Node 16.16.0 via nvm which was installed using Homebrew. This means after running create-expo-app, my ios/.xcode.env file has export NODE_BINARY="/Users/cam/.nvm/versions/node/v16.16.0/bin/node" in it.

Sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I’m not sure the issue is persisting for any one else (or at least no one has reported it).

Can you try running a fresh build with npx expo run:ios and see if the problem still persists?

Hi,

The problem persisted with npx expo run:ios. Everyone in our team was able to reproduce it.

It looks like the issue has been resolved

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.