expo 44 eas build ios fails (Unable to find a specification for `ExpoModulesCore` depended upon by `EXDevice`)

eas-cli version: 3.4.1
managed workflow

I’m using expo 44 (managed work flow) and getting this error message on “install pods” step:
" [!] Unable to find a specification for ExpoModulesCore depended upon by EXDevice
You have either:

• out-of-date source repos which you can update with pod repo update or with pod install --repo-update.
  • mistyped the name or version.
  • not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.
    [stderr] [!] <PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=…an_id…> attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. ...a_different_id... for attribute: files. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded._"

expo doctor” finds no issues.

I’ve tried clearing expo cache by running “expo start -c”, but still facing this issue.

Before getting this error, the “@unimodules/core”: “~7.2.0”, and “@unimodules/react-native-adapter”: “~6.5.0” were in my package.json. The “install pods” step passed, but I got errors in the “fastlane” step about the “expo-haptics” library:

*❌  (node_modules/expo-haptics/ios/HapticsModule.swift:26:34)*

*  24 |   }*
*  25 | *
*> 26 |   enum NotificationType: String, EnumArgument {*
*     |                                  ^ cannot find type 'EnumArgument' in scope*
*  27 |     case success*
*  28 |     case warning*
*  29 |     case error*

I realize that the “@unimodules” dependencies have to be removed from package.json as they’re not compatable with expo 44. So I removed these two dependencies and now expo doctor finds no issue.

But as I said, now I get the “Unable to find a specification for ExpoModulesCore depended…” error that I mentioned earlier during the install pods phase.

This is the first eas build I’m trying to make as I previously used expo build for the same project without facing any issue.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

BTW, here’s the full “install pods” step log:

Using Expo modules
Auto-linking React Native modules for target `answerableappprod`: RNCMaskedView, RNCPicker, RNGestureHandler, RNReanimated, RNSVG, RNScreens, react-native-netinfo, and react-native-safe-area-context
Analyzing dependencies
Fetching podspec for `DoubleConversion` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/DoubleConversion.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `RCT-Folly` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/RCT-Folly.podspec`
Fetching podspec for `glog` from `../node_modules/react-native/third-party-podspecs/glog.podspec`
Adding spec repo `trunk` with CDN `https://cdn.cocoapods.org/`
CocoaPods 1.11.3 is available.
To update use: `sudo gem install cocoapods`
For more information, see https://blog.cocoapods.org and the CHANGELOG for this version at https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/releases/tag/1.11.3
[!] Unable to find a specification for `ExpoModulesCore` depended upon by `EXDevice`
You have either:
 * out-of-date source repos which you can update with `pod repo update` or with `pod install --repo-update`.
 * mistyped the name or version.
* not added the source repo that hosts the Podspec to your Podfile.
[stderr] [!] `<PBXResourcesBuildPhase UUID=`{...an_id...}`>` attempted to initialize an object with an unknown UUID. `{...a_different_id...}` for attribute: `files`. This can be the result of a merge and the unknown UUID is being discarded._"

pod exited with non-zero code: 1