Expo 43 - Build Error - Expo native runtime is not available

SDK Version: 43
Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

I’ve just upgraded to Expo 43 following the documentation here: Expo SDK 43. Today we’re announcing the release of… | by Brent Vatne | Exposition

I am receiving the following error:

ERROR  Error: Expo native runtime is not available: something went wrong and we aren't sure what it was. Please post more information and get support at https://forums.expo.io.
 ERROR  Invariant Violation: Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module (calling runApplication). A frequent cause of the error is that the application entry file path is incorrect. 
      This can also happen when the JS bundle is corrupt or there is an early initialization error when loading React Native.
 ERROR  Invariant Violation: Module AppRegistry is not a registered callable module (calling runApplication). A frequent cause of the error is that the application entry file path is incorrect. 
      This can also happen when the JS bundle is corrupt or there is an early initialization error when loading React Native.

I’ve already cleared the metro cache, re-ran npm i and pod install, cleaned my XCode build folder. Build is succeeding, but I get this error reported from the Metro bundler upon running the app.

Any / all advice greatly appreciated.

Do you get any solution of this because i am facing the same issue ut didn’t get any solutions

Unfortunately I did not solve this issue, and I reverted to an older version of Expo.

Managed or bare workflow?
Can you reproduce this in a newly created app? If not, can you compare the newly created app and your app to see what differences might be causing this problem? e.g. do you have a main key in package.json? If so, what is the value?

managed for me

Was anyone able to solve this issue ? I’m facing a similar one in my project too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.