I’m getting the following warning in my console for the last couple of hours.
Warning: could not reach `exp.host`.
We couldn't reach some of our domains, this might cause issues on our website or services.
Please check your network configuration and try to access these domains in your browser.
Since then my RN app on emulator is throwing a weird error related to the i18n-js expo library:
[Unhandled promise rejection: TypeError: locale.split is not a function. (In ‘locale.split("-")’, ‘locale.split’ is undefined)]
I haven’t touched the code and everything was working fine yesterday.
We recently added a quick network check to see if our services are accessible. Normally, this would only run when running $ expo doctor but I see this is happening for you when starting the packager as well. I’m sorry that happens, and we will patch that asap!
@maxaquilino perfect, yes the root will return with “404 not found”. It’s not an endpoint that’s serving our website, so it might be throwing that. But the message with Warning: could not reach exp.host. is still popping up for you? Could you try 1 more command, if this warning still pops up: ping exp.host?
Thanks for the feedback @maxaquilino
Good to know that the warning message is only a visual thing. I am able to connect to both urls with the browser, and Ping works fine as well.
I was thinking that the connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80 would be connected to the warning, but guess that it is something else.
I did as you suggested, i terminated the CLI with ctrl+c and removed the .expo folder from the project. Tried this with both a new project and an exsisting one. But the error kept happening for both of them.
What I did notice is that if I publish again without terminating the application then it will publish succesfully.
Every first publish of my projects will fail with connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80
Each publish after that succeeds.
Perhaps you have another tip on how to solve this, otherwise ill just learn to publish dubble for a while
Me too, since the upgrade the warning has kept away.
Just a side note…
I have strong feeling that that problem was causing side effects to my App in particular to the Expo Localization i18n-js package, throwing strange error messages such us “…object undefined”
I’ve not changed any code and now App is working again without a problem.