exp:build android 'android-shell-app' errored

Getting an error on a build for @raphaelrk/playbookapp, build link here

The error occurs under “Running gulp task” and says the following:

[stderr] [00:54:44] 'android-shell-app' errored after 8.25 min
[stderr] [00:54:44] Error: Process exited with non-zero code: 1
[stderr]     at ChildProcess.child.on (/src/exponent/tools-public/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/build/spawnAsync.js:39:21)
[stderr]     at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
[stderr]     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
[stderr]     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:927:16)
[stderr]     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

Any way to fix this?

Same here, im using the exp build:android command

i try to create a new project and build it immediate, it got the same Err

yeah same thing with me, tried to build another from crna and then build again using expo hoping it will be successful :expressionless:

newly created app

Hi, we’re really sorry about this. We’re deploying a fix right now, which should be available soon. You can see updates at https://status.expo.io/ . Let us know if you continue to have issues after the fix is deployed!

2 Likes

Morning. Is the fix already available ? Please.

@bigking237 yes, the fix was deployed last night.

I am still getting this error…

@spyshower - this particular problem has been fixed afaik (builds are completing just fine) - are you still seeing it when running a new build starting now?

Note that if your project is detached you’ll need to follow the instructions here to fix it: Android Standalone build failed - #21 by esamelson

Still getting it. Its not a detached project. Do we need to do an update or anything?

Here is the error

[stderr] [03:25:13] ‘android-shell-app’ errored after 30 s
[stderr] [03:25:13] Error: Process exited with non-zero code: 1
[stderr] at ChildProcess.child.on (/src/exponent/tools-public/node_modules/@expo/spawn-async/build/spawnAsync.js:39:21)
[stderr] at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
[stderr] at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
[stderr] at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:927:16)
[stderr] at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

@ajgulati that is a different error. Could you share your build ID?

Sure its 18fd06c9-5d14-4d0d-a537-3804d1acbaf2

Thats my bad. I had the wrong package name and it failed. But my android apk is not downloading properly. Going to build again and see whats wrong

@esamelson hey so i fixed the part of that error had to make sure my package name was right. I have a different issue where the APK size is zero bytes and apk.part is 27.8 mb … not sure whats happening any idea?

Hi @ajgulati - that just means that your browser didn’t finish downloading the file, for whatever reason. I’d suggest just re-downloading it from the build page, or trying a different browser if that doesn’t work.

Yeah I was using a Mac and it didn’t work on it - didn’t try using a different browser.

Worked like a charm on windows.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.