'EXDevMenu-Swift.h' file not found

I’m running into this exact same issue, it for sure has something to do with changing the use_frameworks configuration in the Podfile, which is required for the latest version of react-native-firebase.

what version of xcode are you all using? i can’t reproduce this on xcode 13.4

Xcode 13.3.1

Build version 13E500a

EAS is using 13.3.1 too

you can switch to 13.4 on eas build - Build server infrastructure - Expo Documentation

with image: latest

Installed software:
- Xcode 13.4 (13F17a)

/Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo-dev-menu/ios/EXDevMenuAppInfo.m:3:9: fatal error: ‘EXDevMenu-Swift.h’ file not found

#import <EXDevMenu-Swift.h>

I have still this issue

is it possible for you to share a reproducible example? i have tried to reproduce it using the example above and it works as expected: 'EXDevMenu-Swift.h' file not found - #18 by notbrent

I’m trying to make one

Here it is: GitHub - mlecoq/expoBuildIssue

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. I can successfully build a Custom Dev Client from a fresh Expo React Native App. Then I added @react-native-firebase/app and the suggested

"useFrameworks": "dynamic"

and now it breaks on building with eas. In the fastlane step, I get the following error:

Compiling expo-dev-menu Pods/expo-dev-menu » FrozenObject.cpp

⚠️  (/Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppNameChangedJustInCase-enuwbziichdjnzailappqyuyalgq/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppNameChangedJustInCase/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/expo-dev-menu.build/Objects-normal/arm64/FrozenObject.dia:1:1)

CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppNameChangedJustInCase-enuwbziichdjnzailappqyuyalgq/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppNameChangedJustInCase/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/expo-dev-menu.build/Objects-normal/arm64/EventHa...
^ Could not read serialized diagnostics file: error(in target 'expo-dev-menu' from project 'Pods')
(warning truncated)

› Compiling expo-dev-menu Pods/expo-dev-menu » EXDevMenu_vers.c

› Compiling expo-dev-menu Pods/expo-dev-menu » EXDevMenuAppInfo.m

▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

▸ The following build commands failed:

▸ 	CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppNameChangedJustInCase-enuwbziichdjnzailappqyuyalgq/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppNameChangedJustInCase/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/expo-dev-menu.build/Objects-normal/arm64/EXDevMenuAppInfo.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo-dev-menu/ios/EXDevMenuAppInfo.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target 'expo-dev-menu' from project 'Pods')

▸ (1 failure)

2022-07-01 02:28:30.284 xcodebuild[4159:12844] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

2022-07-01 02:28:30.285 xcodebuild[4159:12844] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionPointIdentifierToBundleIdentifier for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

2022-07-01 02:28:30.340 xcodebuild[4159:12844] XType: failed to connect - Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.fonts was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.fonts was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process.}

2022-07-01 02:28:30.340 xcodebuild[4159:12844] Font server protocol version mismatch (expected:5 got:0), falling back to local fonts

2022-07-01 02:28:30.340 xcodebuild[4159:12844] XType: unable to make a connection to the font daemon!

2022-07-01 02:28:30.340 xcodebuild[4159:12844] XType: XTFontStaticRegistry is enabled as fontd is not available.

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

CompileC /Users/expo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AppNameChangedJustInCase-enuwbziichdjnzailappqyuyalgq/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/AppNameChangedJustInCase/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Pods.build/Debug-iphoneos/expo-dev-menu.build/Objects-normal/arm64/EXDevMenuAppInfo.o /Users/expo/workingdir/build/node_modules/expo-dev-menu/ios/EXDevMenuAppInfo.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (in target 'expo-dev-menu' from project 'Pods')

(1 failure)

Exit status: 65

+-------------+-------------------------+

|           Build environment           |

| xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app |

| gym_version | 2.205.2                 |

| sdk         | iPhoneOS15.4.sdk        |

After that, I removed all references to react-native-firebase but kept the plugin for

expo-build-properties

and it turns out the problem still exists (without react-native-firebase).

Here is some additional info:

"dependencies": {
    "expo": "~45.0.0",
    "expo-status-bar": "~1.3.0",
    "react": "17.0.2",
    "react-dom": "17.0.2",
    "react-native": "0.68.2",
    "react-native-web": "0.17.7",
    "expo-dev-client": "~1.0.0",
    "expo-build-properties": "~0.2.0",
    "expo-splash-screen": "~0.15.1"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "@babel/core": "^7.12.9"
  },

Kind regards

Thanks @mlecoq that does repro the issue on Xcode 13.4.1 – taking a look.

3 Likes

I have a PR with the fix for this issue @mlecoq – please see [expo-dev-menu][iOS] Fix use_frameworks! by douglowder · Pull Request #18073 · expo/expo · GitHub . You can use patch-package to apply that to your project and get it to compile successfully. We will work on getting that merged and put out a patch release soon with the fix.

3 Likes

Great ! Thanks a lot !

How do you patch-package? is it expo-dev-menu or expo-dev-client that we would patch?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.