Errors using eas cli

Hey there, folks. We’re trying to build an application on expo go. We are having problems getting our app to build and deploy. We have logged in with the expo cli using the following commands:

1. expo login -u “username” and -p “password”
  2. expo publish

For some reason, we do not see our applications being in the deployed and built stages. Is there some special steps we need to get that done for us?

Hey @healthsmart,

To build your project with EAS, you’ll have to configure it first. For that you will need eas cli installed and use EAS specific commands to trigger the build. See the EAS Build docs for more information: Creating your first build - Expo Documentation

The expo publish command is deprecated and refers to Classic build system.

Hello there. So are you saying that the expo publish command is no longer used? What are the best practices for deploying an app on to expo go?

The old way is using:
expo login
expo publish

The new way is to use the eas cli? So the steps are

1. login with expo cli
  2. run eas build:configure to configure the build
  3. eas build --platform all

This will build us a mobile app on expo go.

Once its built, we can deploy a build to the app store or the google play store.

(how do we deploy this application)

And also, how will we be able to test this application out on our android phones like we did with expo publish?

One more thing:

once i’m logged in with the expo cli, and try to configure the build, we get this error:

$ eas build:configure
★ eas-cli@2.1.0 is now available.
To upgrade, run npm install -g eas-cli.
Proceeding with outdated version.

:bulb: The following process will configure your iOS and/or Android project to be compatible with EAS Build. These changes only apply to your local project files and you can safely revert them at any time.

Error: Input is required, but stdin is not readable.

I get the same error when trying to login using our eas login command:

$ eas login
★ eas-cli@2.1.0 is now available.
To upgrade, run npm install -g eas-cli.
Proceeding with outdated version.

Error: Input is required, but stdin is not readable.

Can you help us out?

Thanks
Chris

Is your development machine uses Windows OS? If yes, please try using PowerShell. For more information and context on this, please check this answer posted on our GitHub issues: Login Issue. · Issue #831 · expo/eas-cli · GitHub

Also, I’d suggest you update to the latest eas-cli version as suggested in the command above.

hey there Aman. Yeah thanks for that, the powershell eas commands are working fine to me now.

Is there any hope of getting eas to work with git bash?