Errors launching Twitter on Android

Hey folks, I’m trying to launch twitter using the Linking library. It works fine on iOS, but on Android, I’m getting the following error:

Could not open URL 'twitter://': No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=twitter:// flg=0x10000000 }

Do you all have any suggestions?

Hi @cmeredith - I was able to launch the twitter app on my Android phone by calling Linking.openURL('twitter://user?user_id=55679782'). I think you need to provide some additional content to the URL rather than just trying to open 'twitter://'.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, could you provide a snack that reproduces it?

@esamelson you rock!! that did it. Super weird behavior since on iOS you can launch most apps by default with their stripped down URL.

@cmeredith - glad that worked! I agree, that is weird :confused: we try to abstract away as much odd platform-specific behavior as we can, but we don’t have much control here sadly!

@esamelson Totally understand. You guys rock. Keep up the great work and thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.