Error when ejecting from expo

Hi all,

I get the below error when ejecting any project from expo cli (only for expoKit option, react-native works fine). I am very new to expo and this forum, thank you. If more information is required please just let me know and I will add it:

Error Message: (node:1715) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property '_isCommandError' of null
    at Command._callee$ (/expo-cli@2.7.0/src/exp.js:76:15)
    at tryCatch (/Users/g4/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/Users/g4/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as throw] (/Users/g4/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/Users/g4/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /Users/g4/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:30:13
(node:1715) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:1715) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
1 Like

Hey @zipit145,

Can you run expo diagnostics and share the printed logs here? Also, what SDK version are you trying to eject with?

Cheers,

Adam

Exact same error here. Was ejecting successfully a short while before, currently cannot eject any project. My expo diagnostics prints the following:
Expo CLI 2.7.0 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
npm: 6.6.0 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 3.2.0.0 AI-181.5540.7.32.5014246

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi! Same here

System:
Shell: 5.5.1 - /usr/bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 8.12.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/bin/node
npm: 6.7.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v8.12.0/bin/npm
npmPackages:
expo: ^32.0.0 => 32.0.2
react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1
react-navigation: ^3.0.9 => 3.0.9
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 2.7.0

@adamjnav

Thank you for your help:

System:
Shell: 5.3 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 10.9.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/bin/node
npm: 6.2.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v10.9.0/bin/npm
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.3 AI-182.5107.16.33.5199772
Xcode: 10.1/10B61 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^32.0.0 => 32.0.1
react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1
react-navigation: ^3.0.9 => 3.0.9
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 2.7.0

Awesome! Thanks for the information everyone. I’ve relayed this internally and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later. Stay tuned here for future updates.

2 Likes

Just to be clear:
This was working earlier in the day for me just fine. The error only started appearing after 1pm MST.

Please let me know if you would like more input.

1 Like

Exactly same that you, worked one time today, and each hours after that don’t work, just create sample project like “expo init test” and then “expo eject” (eject to ExpoKit) and got same error than others …

Hey everyone,

We identified the issue and are currently running tests before pushing out a release with the fix. I’ll let you know when we do!

Cheers,
Adam

We’ve rolled out the update containing the fix!

1 Like

Just tested, works fine now.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hello, that’s work fine now.

But :
I ejecting to expo kit (work).
run expo start (work).
go on android expo app, on (recentrly developmennt I see my app running, but when I click on it, no effect… but when I click on the same app at “recently open” tab, that work…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.