error: Provisioning profile "*[expo] XXXAdHoc 1657297990071" doesn't include signing certificate "Apple Distribution: XXX".

All of a sudden, with no changes to my certs/profiles when I run: eas build --platform ios

I’m running into:
:x: error: Provisioning profile "*[expo] XXX AdHoc 1657297990071" doesn't include signing certificate "Apple Distribution: XXX".

I’ve deleted all my provisioning profiles and certs and am letting eas handle creating new ones. But still the same error (both when running --local as well as running in the cloud). I recently upgraded to eas-cli/0.54.1 and I think it started happening after that upgrade. I can’t get any build past this…

This is on a managed app, expo sdk44…

Any help would be appreciated!

hey @robinecarter i tried to reproduce what you did but I’m unable to get that error with an internal build. To clarify, I’m assuming the error is coming from the build logs (the ones you get from the website). I saw you also opened Provisioning profile "*[expo] XXX AdHoc XXX" doesn't include signing certificate "Apple Distribution: XXX" · Issue #1201 · expo/eas-cli · GitHub but you later closed it – were you able to figure out what the problem was?

@quinlanj thanks for the reply! Yes I was able to get it sorted. Something must’ve happened to my certs - either they mistakingly got deleted on Apple’s end or in my local keychain. Regardless, the only way I could get it to work in the end was to manually create a new cert/profile on apple, install them locally and then manually put them on expo.dev. The “Let Expo handle it” never ended up working for me.

no problem, glad you were able to figure it out. and thanks for the info – it’ll be helpful in our search to root cause what is happening

Hey, i am experimenting the same issue. I am locally building my app and manage to get those error from the xCode derivedData. Here are the logs:

error: Provisioning profile “*[expo] XXX AppStore 2023-01-17T19:29:53.926Z” doesn’t include signing certificate “Apple Distribution: XXX (XXX)”. (in target ‘XXX’ from project ‘XXX’)